CONSUMER CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
The “Deeds Well Done” (the “Contest”) is offered by MR. MIKES Restaurants Corporation (the “Contest Sponsor”). The Contest is open to individuals who are legal residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba or Ontario who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence as of the date of entry. No purchase is necessary. Entry in this contest constitutes acceptance of and agreement to these rules and regulations.
1. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 10:00am Pacific Time on November 20, 2017 and closes at 10:00pm Pacific Time on December 31, 2017.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible for this Contest, you must be a legal resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba or Ontario and have reached the age of majority in your province of residence as of the date of entry. An employee, director or officer of the Contest Sponsors or its agents, parent companies, affiliated or related companies, franchisees or promotional agencies, or a member of the immediate family of, or a person living in the same household as anyone who is an employee, director or officer of the Contest Sponsor or its agents, parent companies, affiliated or related companies, franchisees or promotional agencies is not eligible for this Contest.
3. How To Enter: There is no purchase required to enter. There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest: (1) by completing and submitting an official Contest entry form on the MR. MIKES Restaurants Corporation Deeds Well Done page at www.deedswelldone.com; or (2) by mail to the address: 100-3700 North Fraser Way, Burnaby BC, V5J 5H4. All entries must be received by 10pm Pacific Time on December 31, 2017. All entries must include the nominator’s name, full registered charity name, story about the charity and email address (if available). There is one entry per person allowed over the duration of the contest. When you submit an entry, you acknowledge and signify that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these rules and regulations; and, acknowledge and understand that your contest submission may be cross promoted and communicated through any one of MR. MIKES Restaurants Corporation social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or by media for media purposes. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Entries are declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, fraudulent or irregular.
4. Prizes: There are thirty seven (37) “Deeds Well Done” prizes to be won all of equal value. Each prize includes $500 towards the winning registered charity. One prize per community in which MR MIKES is located. The chosen charities of choice must be registered charities in Canada and the charity number will need to be provided when chosen as a winner. These charities must also positively contribute to a community in which a MR MIKES operates. Total value of the thirty seven prizes combined equal $18,500. The “Deeds Well Done” prize cannot be transferred or substituted or redeemed for cash, and must be accepted as awarded.
5. The Draw: The draw date will take place on or around January 3, 2018. A panel of identified judges will choose the winning charity based on the level of impact the nominee had on the community. Selected entrants will be notified by telephone or email within twenty four (24) hours of each draw date at the telephone number or email address provided in their entry forms. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for Contest Sponsor to receive selected entrant’s response. The odds of being selected to win the “Deeds Well Done” prizes depends on the total number of eligible entries and the quality of the information/story received during the Contest period per community in which MR MIKES is located.
6. Winner Selection: To win the “Deeds Well Done” prizes, the selected nominees must: (a) comply with these rules and regulations; (b) correctly answer a skill testing question 75+25-(100/2); (c) upon notification, respond within two (2) business days by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification message; and (d) within four (4) business days after the selected entrant calls the contact number provided in the notification message, sign and return a release to Contest Sponsor that confirms the selected entrant’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these rules and regulations; (ii) acceptance of the prize as offered; (iii) agreement to release, indemnify and hold each the Contest Sponsor and its parent companies, franchisees, subsidiaries, affiliates and their respective employees, directors, officers, representatives, agents harmless from any and all losses, claims, actions, proceedings, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses (including reasonable legal fees and expenses) and obligations of any nature and kind whatsoever and howsoever arising, whether known or unknown, whether now or hereinafter exists, which the selected entrant or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, related to, or connected with the Contest and the “Deeds Well Done” prizes including personal injury, death or property damage; and (iv) consent to the public announcement of the selected entrant’s name as the prize winner and the use of the selected entrant’s name and address (city and province), photograph, likeness, biographical information and voice by Contest Sponsor in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation, and in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof, including but not limited to the display of selected entrant’s name and photograph at the designated MR. MIKES Restaurants Corporation location.
7. Forfeiture of Prize: If any selected entrant fails to respond in accordance with these rules and regulations, or fails to comply with these rules and regulations, then in the Contest Sponsor’s discretion, the prize may be forfeited without any liability to the selected entrant or any other person, and another entrant may be selected randomly from all remaining eligible entries for that given community in accordance with these rules and regulations or Contest Sponsor may elect not to award the prize.
8. Awarding of Prizes: After the winners have been successfully contacted and notified of their prizes and have complied with these rules and regulations, prize winners will promptly receive a notification message by telephone or by email to contact MR. MIKES Restaurants Corporation to claim their prize. MR. MIKES Restaurants Corporation will coordinate the donation to the chosen registered charities.
9. Limitation of Liability: Contest Sponsor will not be responsible or liable for any of the following:(a) lost, late, misdirected, invalid or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or releases; (b) computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur; (c) incorrect or inaccurate information (including entrants’ telephone numbers or e-mail addresses), whether caused by entrants or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest; (d) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or (e) damage or loss, including any loss of use, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest, or the submission of entries to the Contest, or participation in the Contest, or the “Deeds Well Done” prizes, or the use or misuse of entrants’ personal information, and regardless of cause or any negligence by the Contest Sponsor or any person or entity for whom it is responsible for, and notwithstanding that any of those entities or person may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
10. Privacy/Personal Information: By participating in the Contest, you consent to the Contest Sponsor’s collection, use and disclosure of your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address for the sole purposes of administering the Contest, including but not limiting to contacting and announcing the Contest winners and disclosing the personal information to third party agents or franchisees of the Contest Sponsor including but not limited to the operators of each MR. MIKES restaurants.
11. Miscellaneous: These rules and regulations will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia. All disputes arising from or relating to the Contest, the prizes, or any related matters will be resolved before the Courts of British Columbia sitting in the City of Vancouver. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By participating in the Contest, you agree to accept and abide by these official contest rules and regulations. You further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which will be final and binding. Entrants who have not complied with these rules and regulations are subject to disqualification at the exclusive discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest for any reason, without prior notice or any liability to any person. These contest rules are made available at all MR. MIKES Restaurants Corporation locations throughout the contest period.